How much does it cost to open a domiciliary account in Nigeria?
However, many banks require that you apply in-person at your nearest branch. Opening a domiciliary account is free at most banks. Note: If you would like to open a joint account, it may require a special joint account holder form and that both individuals go to the bank to apply.
Which bank is the best to open a dollar account in Nigeria?
Guaranty Trust Bank
Guaranty Trust Bank is also a top bank in Nigeria that will give you value for your money when it comes to domiciliary account opening. GTB domiciliary account is available only in US Dollars, British Pounds and Euros which can be funded through cash inflows and cash deposits.
How many references do you need to open a dollar account Nigeria?
You need two references and they must be current account holders, National Id card or Driver’s License or International Passport, Recent electricity bill and existing account with them.
Which bank has the best domiciliary account in Nigeria?
The Best Domiciliary Bank to Open in Nigeria Includes:
- Uba Bank Account. …
- First Bank Account. …
- Stanbic Ibtc Bank Account. …
- Access Bank Account. …
- Union Bank Account. …
- Polaris Bank Account. …
- FCMB Bank Account. …
- The Requirements you need to Open a Domiciliary Account in Nigeria.
How much does it cost to open a GTB domiciliary account?
Opening an account is free but you need to fund the account to activate it. If you do not perform any transaction with it for 6 months, it will become dormant.
Can I pay naira into my domiciliary account?
A domiciliary account, commonly called a “dom account,” is a type of account that doesn’t accept Naira (Nigerian currency). It does, however, accept foreign currencies such as euros, dollars, pounds, etc. The domiciliary account works like any other savings account.
Which bank is the best in Nigeria?
Top 5 banks in Nigeria
- Zenith Bank. Zenith Bank (Reuters) According to the ranking, Zenith Bank was the number one financial institution in Nigeria. …
- Guaranty Trust Bank. GT Bank Logo. …
- Access Bank. Access Bank [marketdigestng] …
- United Bank for Africa. United Bank for Africa. …
- First Bank of Nigeria. First Bank of Nigeria.
How do I withdraw money from my domiciliary account?
The easiest way to withdraw money from your dom account is by walking to any bank branch near you; however, it must be the same bank with which you opened your account. walk to the bank customer service and make clear your intentions. He/she should be able to direct you on how to go about the remaining processes.
What I need to open a domiciliary account?
What You Will Need
- Filled and signed Domiciliary Account opening form.
- A copy of identification document (Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, or any other acceptable by the bank).
- One passport photograph.
- Two (2) completed reference forms.
- Utility bill issued within the last 3 months.
Can I receive dollars in my Naira account?
No, you can not. The ordinary savings account is for transactions in local currency. You will need to open a Domiciliary Account, where you can receive foreign currency e.g. dollar, pound, euro, etc. You can receive dollars in your local bank account in Nigeria through the Western Union.
How can I transfer money from USA to Nigeria account?
How do I send money from my bank account in the US to another bank account in Nigeria?
- Find the wire transfer section from the website of your financial institution.
- Check any transfer limits there might be.
- Enter the recipient’s bank details.
- Enter the amount and choose the currency you want to send your money.
How do I open a dollar bank account with Access Bank?
The following documents are required to open an Domiciliary account:
- Means of address verification.
- 2 references.
- 2 Passport photographs.
- Valid ID of each signatory.
- Residence Permit (Foreigners)
- Forms CO7 and CO2 as applicable for companies.
- Certificate of Incorporation / Business Registration for companies.