How much does it cost to register a company in Kenya?
the total cost fee for registering a limited company in Kenya is Kenya shilling 10750 government statutory fee. this fee may rise if you are using a lawyer or an agent.
How do I get a certificate of incorporation in Kenya?
Apply in Person
- Step 1: Carry out a name search and reservation to obtain the company’s name. …
- Step 2: Prepare the Memorandum and Article of Association and Statement of Nominal Capital the company. …
- Step 3: Lodging of registration documents with the registrar of companies. …
- Step 4: Pay Registration Fees.
What is required to register a company in Kenya?
To register a company in Kenya you shall require the following information and documents.
- Proposed company names for name search approval. …
- Objectives of the Company. …
- Names of the shareholders in Full.
- Names of the Directors in full if different from the shareholders.
- Contact information of the directors / shareholders.
How do I start a corporation in Kenya?
1. Create an e-citizen account
- Create an e-citizen account. …
- Suggest five unique company name using e-citizen. …
- Apply and pay for the registration of the company. …
- Tax Requirements/kra registration. …
- Obtain a unified business permit. …
- National Hospital Insurance Fund. …
- Social security registration.
How much do I need to start a shop in Kenya?
The cost of starting a shop in Kenya is between Ksh 50,000 and Ksh 100,000. You can grow your business and stock it as your business grows. The most expensive part of a retail shop is to pay rent. If you can find a cheaper place to rent, it can significantly reduce your startup capital.
How long does business name registration take in Kenya?
A Business Name registration will take an average of 3 days to process.
How long does it take to get a certificate of incorporation?
Postal applications take at least 8-10 days to process, so you will receive a hard copy of your certificate at your registered office address a few working days after incorporation, but it may take longer.
How do I register a business in Kenya 2020?
How to register a business in Kenya
- Log into your eCitizen account: www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Click on business registration service.
- Log in once again using the same details.
- Click on Make Application.
- Select Business Name Registration.
What is required to register a company with a foreigner in Kenya?
One requires a copy of their Passport or alien ID, a colored passport size photo. This whole process is done online, on the eCitizen portal. The registration is normally completed within 24 hours. The second entity to starting a business in Kenya as a foreigner is a limited liability partnership (LLP).