In Nigeria a head tie is called a gele — that’s the word used by the Yoruba, one of the country’s many ethnic groups. But the wearing of head wraps is traditional for all Nigerians and indeed for most African cultures. An artfully folded gele is part of everyday wear and de rigueur for special occasions like weddings.
How do you wear a headscarf without hair?
To the side, with a hair tie or “Scrunchie”
- Tie the ends of the scarf together in a knot by putting one end over the other.
- Gently spread the ends for a fuller look.
- Place a hair tie or scrunchie above the knot.
- Pull all the ends of the scarf thorough the hair tie or scrunchie.
- Spread the ends again for a fuller look.
Can a Sikh girl cut her hair?
Joura, this rule means that Sikh believers, women included, should refrain from “chopping, trimming, shaving, waxing or even tweezing their hair.” While there are no penalties as such, doing otherwise is “considered disrespectful to the religion,” says Mr. Joura.
Can Sikh remove pubic hair?
Sikhs. The Sikh religion forbids cutting or shaving any bodily hair. Orthodox Sikhs always carry a dagger with them, lest someone try to force them to do something against their religion.
Do Sikhs wash their hair?
They say “comb your hair and tie your turban twice a day” and “take good care of your hair”. There’s nothing preventing showering and other normal hygiene.