Nassandra, (African origin), meaning “hope”.
What names mean faithful?
Traditional Baby Names That Mean Faithful
- Anselm (German): God’s protection.
- Christopher/Christina (Greek): Christ-bearer.
- Daniel (Hebrew): God is my judge. …
- Dora (Greek): Short for Theodora or Dorothea, both meaning gift of God.
- Elizabeth (Hebrew): God is my oath.
What is the biblical meaning of the name Hope?
Hope is the transferred use of an English vocabulary word (Old English “hopa”) originally meant to signify the Christian expectation of eternal life and the perseverance not to give up on salvation. The three theological virtues (Faith, Hope and Charity) are the strongholds among Christians.
Is hope a rare name?
Hope has been among the top 1,000 names given to girls born in the United States since 1880 and has been among the top 500 since 1909. It was ranked as the 231st most popular name for girls born in 2011 in the United States, down from its peak ranking of No. 144 in 1999.
What names mean new life?
- Amaryllis (Greek, “fresh”)
- Arata (Japanese, “fresh” and “new”)
- Asha (Indian, “hope”)
- Aurora (Latin, “dawn”)
- Charise (French, “hopeful”)
- Evie (Hebrew, “life”)
What girl names mean fearless?
Girls name that mean fearless
- Mel – One who is always fearless and daring.
- Kelsie – Daring and fearless.
- Juliane – Young and fearless.
- Andriette – Strong, fearless and limitless.
- Shamara – A battle heroine.
- Casey – Strong in battle.
- Louisa – A renowned warrior.
- Maia/Mya – Brave warrior.
What name means from God?
Elizabeth, John, Dorothy, and Michael and all their variations have meanings related to God. … Along with Isabella and Elijah, other names meaning God in the US Top 100 include Daniel, Matthew, Jack, Eliza, Gabriel, and Theodore.