Which African country is best for safaris?
Botswana rated the best safari country
- Ratings for the major African safari countries.
- Botswana retains the number one title.
- Home to the Great Migration, Tanzania wins best country for scenic value.
- Zambia gets an honorable mention.
- Demographic of the reviewers.
Where should I go for an African safari?
Iconic destinations – the Kruger National Park, Cape Town, Masai Mara and Serengeti – feature highly on these itineraries but so do off-the-beaten-path destinations in Tanzania and Botswana as well as tucked-away beaches in the Seychelles and Mozambique.
Is safari better in Kenya or Tanzania?
So in general, Tanzania is more affordable while Kenya has a better travel infrastructure. … Kenya has the larger tourism infrastructure and has more lodges to accommodate globetrotters heading on an African safari, so the cost of a safari in Kenya will likely be less than one in Tanzania.
What is the best month to go on an African safari?
The best time to visit them is from May to September, during the dry season and winter, which results in more moderate temperatures. There is also less vegetation during these months, so animals tend to concentrate around waterholes and rivers, making wildlife easier to spot.
How many days do you need for safari?
To have at least four full days on game drives will give you enough time to see an incredible amount of wildlife. Tack on arrival and departure days, travel to and from the national parks and reserves, and we think the optimal time for your safari experience is 6-7 days.
What is the best time of year to go on safari?
The best time to go on safari is during the dry season, which is June to October for the majority of sub-Saharan Africa. Water is scarce at this time so animals tend to congregate at water sources, making them easier to spot (for safari-goers and predators).
Where is the best place to see the big 5?
Big 5 Safari Destinations
- South Africa: Kruger National Park & Private Reserves, Eastern Cape & Madikwe. …
- Botswana – Chobe National Park & Okavango Delta/Moremi Game Reserve. …
- Kenya – Masai Mara. …
- Tanzania – Serengeti & Ngorongoro Crater. …
- Namibia – Etosha National Park. …
- Zimbabwe – Hwange & Mana Pools National Parks.