The quickest way to get from South Africa to Bali is to fly which costs R 6 000 – R 16 000 and takes 16h 34m.
Is Bali expensive for South African tourists?
Bali is a schlep for South Africans. Twenty-four hours of schlep and a six-hour jetlag. This translates into expensive flights (I paid R12 000 return on Singapore Airlines) and broken sleep for the first few nights.
How much does a trip to Bali cost?
Bali trip cost for one week
|Accommodations||$480 ($100 X 6 nights)|
|Transportation and attractions||$120|
|Food and drink||$175 ($25 X 6 7 days)|
How much does a trip to Bali cost in rands?
According to our online flights search, the cheapest international flight from OR Tambo International Airport to Bali costs around R10 000 with Qatar Airways. A flight to Bali from Cape Town International Airport costs a bit more at around R13 000, and a flight from Durban International Airport costs around R14 000.
What is the best currency to take to Bali from South Africa?
ZAR 1 is around IDR 1,000 (as at July 2019). Major credit cards are accepted by hotels and large shops, but “hard cash” is the preferred tender almost everywhere. Bureau de Change can be found at the airport offering the best exchange rates, but it is also possible to change money at the hotel reception.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand ? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner …….
What is the cheapest country to visit from South Africa?
These are the 5 cheapest foreign destinations for South Africans right now.
- Thailand: 7 nights from R7,925 per person. (Instagram: @thailandinsider) …
- Indonesia: 7 nights from R13,500 per person. …
- Zanzibar: 7 nights from R12,000 per person. …
- Russia: 8 nights from R16,200. …
- Mauritius: 7 nights from R10,000 per person.
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you don’t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali. …
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag. …
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest. …
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps. …
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day. …
- 5 – Staying in Kuta. …
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
How much money do you need in Bali for 10 days?
10 days it means you need 150-210$ to have breakfast/lunch/dinner for some general food ( its not for special dinner maybe at beachside Jimbaran beach ) If you want to take a special dinner maybe it charges 50-60$ for 1 times.
How long does it take to go to Bali from South Africa?
Flying time from South Africa to Bali
The total flight duration from South Africa to Bali is 12 hours, 32 minutes.
Why is it so expensive to fly to Bali?
High demand and because there are many connections to Bali from Los Angeles via Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok. For everywhere else, distance and demand. Demand plays a bigger factor than distance.